Understanding Drainage

Most extensions will require a new drainage connection for your new kitchen, en-suite, or utility, and its important to understand how this connection can be made.

No-one wants to be told that their design won't work or, god forbid, require a Saniflo waste pump! So, first things first. What should you look for:

1. SVPs (soil ventilation pipes) - are 4 inches wide and usually run vertically up the exterior brickwork from bathrooms to vent waste pipes above window height.

2. Inspection Chambers (man-holes) - Usually found in drives and gardens, they vary in size and shape but can be lifts with a drain key or crowbar if necessary.

3. Service Boxing -

4. Gulleys -

4. Valves and Stop-cocks -

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square